4.14.2012

Local Find: Blood Shot Bloody Mary Mix

It's been a while since I've done a "Local Find" post, and I've been dying to write one about this Bloody Mary mix! But I wanted to give it a good test before I wrote. Easter Sunday provided me with that opportunity (and I may have started a new Easter tradition!).

There isn't a lot of information out there in the interwebs about Blood Shot, but they do have a Facebook page. Like them!

But it's not important whether or not you can find information about the company. What *is* important is that you go buy a bottle of this stuff, add a little vodka, and drink it!

Blood Shot is made in Springfield, Illinois by an entertaining couple (Steve and Trish Squires), whom I met at the Illinois Products Expo this February. They are extremely enthusiastic about their product, and rightfully so. I'm *VERY* picky about my Bloody Mary! (Yeah, I'm an 80-year-old woman...so what?!) Blood Shot isn't too sweet, it's not too spicy, and it's great with vodka! Do you really need anything more? :)

Ok, so now the good stuff: where to buy. According to the paper I got from Mr. Blood Shot at the Expo, you can buy Blood Shot in the following stores in the Springfield area:
  • Schnuck's (Sangamon Rd., Chatham Rd.)
  • County Market (S. Sixth St., W. Monroe St., Chatham store, Quincy store)
  • Famous Liquors (Wabash Ave.)
  • Friar Tuck (Springfield store, Bloomington store, Savoy store, Peoria store)
  • QIK n EZ (Stevenson Dr., W. Monroe St., Peoria Rd., Toronto Rd., North Grand Ave., Wabash Ave.)
  • Northender (9th St.)
  • Pease's (all Springfield stores)
  • Humphrey's Market (15th St.)
  • Wolfie's Pkg. Liquor (Chatham store)
  • Market on the Square (Carlinville store)
  • Super Liquors (Peoria Heights store)
  • Hy-Vee (Peoria store)
  • Party Store (Riverton store)
  • IGA (Riverton store, Petersburg store, Clinton store)
  • True Value (Rochester store)

You can also order directly from Blood Shot. Their contact info is:
1604 Whittier Ave.
Springfield, IL 62704
217.525.2435
TSquires2@hotmail.com

Their business card says they'll sell you a case (12 32-ounce bottles) for $38. Not bad! I haven't checked prices at the stores listed above, but I would imagine it's pretty reasonable.

So...Now, you really have no excuse to go get a bottle of this. In fact, I strongly encourage it! :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment