4.14.2012

Menu: Week of 4/15

I must apologize...again...for the lapse last week. Easter kicked me in the butt with two days of meals with family, and I was left with just enough time to tackle housework. As a result, the blog suffered. But I'm back again this week with a week's worth of meals for you to enjoy!

Sunday: Pancakes, Sausage, Fruit Salad - Yum! Check out the pancake recipe and enjoy a Sunday evening breakfast of your own.

Monday: Stuffed Shells in Alfredo Sauce, Steamed Broccoli, Focaccia - For this meal, I'll mix ricotta cheese, shredded parmesan, and frozen spinach as a filling for cooked pasta shells (the big ones), then I'll top it off with homemade alfredo and bake it until it's warmed through. The Man will be thrilled when he hears I'm making alfredo!

Tuesday: Chicken/Black Beans Enchiladas, Mexican Rice - A little shredded chicken, a can of black beans, some shredded cheddar, and a can of enchilada sauce makes a quick and easy weeknight meal at our house.

Wednesday: BBQ Chicken/Caprese Panini, Potato Chips - For The Man, I'll add some BBQ sauce to some pre-cooked, shredded chicken, top it with a slice of cheese, and grill it up on the cast iron grill pan. I'll make myself a sandwich with fresh mozzarella, sliced tomato, and sundried tomato basil. Yum!

Thursday: Chicken Stir Fry, Brown Rice - This is another quick weeknight meal. I buy a bag of frozen stir fry veggies and add chicken for The Man. Serve it over rice with a little soy sauce, and dinner is done!

Friday: Grilled Pizza - Leftover alfredo sauce, red onion, marinated artichokes, and fresh mozzarella...does dinner get any better than this?! (The Man will have pepperoni on his, I'm sure!)

Saturday: Chicken Pot Pie - I'd like to find a way to do this on the grill, weather permitting. The filling will be cooked before the pie gets baked, so all I'm really aiming for is a golden, flaky top crust. We shall see...

Mangia Bene!

No comments:

Post a Comment