4.21.2012

Menu: Week of 4/22

Another week has come and gone, and I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to some great food. In these parts, we're still a month away from Farmers' Market season, and I am so anxious, I can almost taste the produce! In the meantime, I've been tending my own garden. So far, it's produce quite a bit of spinach and arugula, but I can see little lettuce sprouts popping up, and the peas and green beans are getting bigger everyday! But I'll save gardening for another post. This post is about a week of food to come, so let's get to it!

Sunday: Sausage Gravy and Biscuits, Hashbrowns, Fresh Fruit - We've got some sausage gravy in the freezer, so we'll use it, and I'll use some of the stock of potatoes we've got for hashbrowns, with some onion and green pepper mixed in. Can you smell them cooking on the cast iron griddle? I can. :)

Monday: Spaghetti and Meatballs, Corn, Homemade Focaccia - A while back, I made and froze almost 6-dozen meatballs...this week, they'll make another appearance. Add in homemade marinara and homemade bread, and we'll be in heaven!

Tuesday: Taco Pasta - A few weeks ago, we tried a recipe for Taco Pasta, but we felt like it needed a few modifications, so we'll be testing those out this week. If all goes well, I'll post my version of the recipe so you can try it too.

Wednesday: Chicken Sausages, Fried Potatoes w/ Peppers and Onions, Green Beans - The Man is a fan of Johnsonville's Chicken Apple Sausages, so I grill one up for him, and I'll have a salad made from the greens in my garden and greens and hard-boiled eggs from Oak Tree Organics. Yum!

Thursday: Jambalaya - A recent favorite of ours, and a great weeknight meal!

Friday: Grilled Pizza - Of course! :)

Saturday: Grilled Chicken Drummies, Twice-Baked Potatoes, Peas - Another salad for me, but some grilled drummies for The Man. Mangia Bene!

No comments:

Post a Comment