5.08.2012

Avocado Egg Salad

Today for lunch, The Munchkin and I shared an avocado - she ate it plain, and I had it on my salad. She and I both LOVE avocado, but The Man...well, not so much. Anyway, we didn't quite eat half of it, and since avocado tends to brown pretty quickly (and I didn't want it to go to waste) I decided to do something a little different with the remaining half. Normally, I would make guacamole, but I am fresh out of jalapenos (it's a little early for fresh, garden peppers).

Also for lunch, I had hard-boiled six eggs, but I only used one on my salad. The remaining eggs were going to be used on salads the rest of the week, but my brain had other ideas. The following recipe was the result of my brainstorm.

Enjoy!

(serves 3-4)
2 T mayonnaise
1 t yellow mustard
1 T fresh chives, finely chopped
1 t fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1/2 t Kosher salt
1/4 t garlic powder
5 hard-boiled eggs, diced
1/2 avocado, diced

In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, mustard, chives, cilantro, salt, and garlic powder.

In a medium bowl, gently combine the egg and avocado. Gently fold in the dressing from above until the egg and avocado are thoroughly coated.

My favorite way to enjoy any egg salad is between two slices of good-quality pumpernickel bread, topped with fresh greens.

I hope you enjoy my latest concoction! What is your favorite avocado recipe? I'm always looking for new ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment