2.12.2012

Menu: Week of 2/12

My apologies for the late post...I've been trying to post menus on Saturday, but we had guests last night, and I was busy canning marinara. This week is a week full of The Man's favorites. In the spirit of Valentine's Day, I guess I'm feeling generous! LOL

Sunday: Whole Wheat Spaghetti & Meatballs, Peas, Homemade Garlic Focaccia - I'll be using some of the meatballs I froze a while back. I've got them thawing now, and I'll throw them in the oven about 30 minutes before dinnertime. I'll also be using homemade marinara (on the stove now to cook all day), and I've already mixed up a batch of Olive Oil Dough for some focaccia. Check out the recipes...

Monday: Corn & Potato Chowder - The Man has requested that we have this again, and since it's fabulous and cheap and easy to make, I have no obligations! :) And I may even make a crusty little loaf of bread for dipping.

Tuesday: Fettucini Alfredo, Steamed Broccoli, Homemade Garlic Foccacia - Tuesday nights are usually Mexican night at our house, but this Tuesday is Valentine's Day. The Man and I don't buy each other gifts for Valentine's Day (I keep a steady supply of chocolate in the house and flowers die, so that kind of stuff isn't necessary). But, we do celebrate our love with a wonderful meal together. His favorite just happens to be my homemade alfredo, so that's the plan. He'll be thrilled!

Wednesday: Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans - I'm burnt out on making burgers every week, and I'm sure you're tired of seeing that on the menu. But I don't want to rob The Man of the experience, so I'm going to make meatloaf. I've also got green beans from last summer that I'd like to get eaten up so I can restock this year.

Thursday: Biscuits & Gravy, Scrambled Eggs - Yes, occasionally, we have breakfast for dinner. Although my homemade buttermilk pancakes would be his first choice, we have some sausage gravy in the freezer that we need to use up. I doubt he'll argue, since this meal is also a favorite of his!

Friday: Homemade Pizza - I'm watching the Olive Oil Dough rise as we speak! I came across some prosciutto in the freezer yesterday, and I've got a few artichoke hearts left, so I'm thinking I'll pair those items with leftover alfredo sauce and call it dinner! (The Man will want pepperoni...) Prosciutto is a splurge for me...it's pretty pricey around here, and it's not always easy to find except in little bitty sealed packages at the grocery store (though if you know of a place, please share!)

Saturday: Perfect Sesame Chicken, Brown Rice - I didn't get a chance to make this last week, so it's on the menu again this week. And since it's a bit more labor-intensive, I've planned it for a weekend dinner this time.

Mangia Bene!

No comments:

Post a Comment