3.24.2012

Menu: Week of 3/25

Happy Saturday! I missed the weekly menu post last week due to the mixture of our St. Paddy's Day festivities and prepping for The Munchkin's first birthday party. We had a very busy weekend, and I hated skipping a week, but I just didn't get a chance to put together the menu and a blog post. As a result, we didn't eat very well last week, and I definitely felt the effects! So this week, we're getting back on track, and here's the menu:

Sunday: Waffles, Sausage, Fresh Fruit - For the waffles, I'll use my pancake recipe, but I'm probably going to try to replace some of the all-purpose flour with some whole wheat flour so they're healthier for all of us, including The Munchkin.

Monday: Chicken Stir Fry, Brown Rice - Previously, Monday had become unofficial soup night, but it's getting a little warm for that (in March?!). So instead, I'll make up a quick stir fry. It's a perfect quick dinner for a Monday evening.

Tuesday: Taco Pasta, Corn Bread - I don't remember how I came across this recipe, but it sounded like a good addition to the Taco Tuesday rotation, so I saved it for future use. We'll give it a try this week. Also, I'm testing a new recipe for corn bread. I wanted to make something with some extra veg in it for The Munchkin, so I'm starting with the recipe from the Better Homes & Gardens cookbook. I'll let you know how it turns out, and post a recipe if it works out well. Otherwise, I'll keep on testing recipes!

Wednesday: Burgers, Fried Potatoes with Peppers & Onions, Green Beans - It's grilling season! Need I say more?!

Thursday: Stuffed Shells in Alfredo, Broccoli, Focaccia Bread - Another one we didn't get to this last week, and I'm craving another white pizza, so I must make some alfredo this week!

Friday: Grilled Pizza - We made our first grilled pizza last night, and I'm excited to keep doing them. They're so great, and almost like eating a pizza cooked in a brick oven! I'm kind of addicted to pizza with alfredo, prosciutto, marinated artichoke hearts, and fresh mozzarella. Just typing those words makes my mouth water!

Saturday: Jambalaya - We didn't end up having this two weekends ago, so I'm going to make it this week.

Mangia Bene!

No comments:

Post a Comment