5.07.2012

Menu: Week of 5/6

So it seems my AD/HD has gotten the best of me this week. I usually post on Saturday night, but we were at my brother's house to watch the UFC fights (I like to watch grown men beat the crap out of each other). The evening ultimately turned into a play date for The Munchkin and two other little cuties. It was a blast to watch them play together!

 Then Sunday, I took The Munchkin to Washington Park for the MS Walk and to support a friend who was recently diagnosed. To say it was hot would be an understatement, and The Munchkin and I were wiped out! She fell asleep in the car on the way home, and I fell asleep on the couch a few hours later.

All-in-all, I managed to create an entire weekend for myself full of things I enjoyed, and I decided everything else could wait. Evidently, that meant this blog post, too. :)

 So here we are...better late than never, right?! And I've posted a new recipe for tonight's dinner! Check out the link below.

Sunday: Leftovers - Honestly, I was too worn out from the heat to cook, so we pulled a few leftovers out of the fridge and noshed on random foods.

Monday: Orzo with Sausage and Peppers - Since I found orzo in one of the grocery stores in Springfield, it seems like I want to eat it all the time! And this is a great way to use up some sausages I had leftover from a cookout (I sliced them up, tossed them in a freezer bag, and stashed them in the freezer for this exact purpose.)


Tuesday: Tacos, Black Beans, Mexican Rice - It's been a while since we've actually had tacos on Taco Tuesday. I'm actually looking forward to it. :)

Wednesday: Panini, Chips, Cottage Cheese - I'm still working on a fun combination for the sandwiches. I've got some cooked chicken in the freezer, so I'd like to use it, but we will see what the evening brings.

Thursday: Tater Tot Casserole - I'm hoping it will be cool enough outside to justify turning on the oven to make this, 'cause it sounds pretty good.

Friday: Pizza - I've been looking for a good recipe for a potato pizza, but I can't seem to find one, so I may just invent my own with alfredo sauce, spinach, and thinly sliced potatoes. I'll let you know how it goes! :)

Saturday: Spaghetti and Meatballs, Broccoli, Grilled Flatbread - I'm hoping to have a relaxing weekend since it's Mothers' Day weekend, and *almost* my birthday, so this one is right on par!

Mangia Bene!

No comments:

Post a Comment