2.18.2012

Menu: Week of 2/19

Another week has come and gone, and it's time for a new menu. This past week, in honor of Valentine's Day, we had dinners consisting of many of The Man's favorites. This week's menu is inspired by last's night's perusal of my Facebook photo album of foods I've made. While I was flipping through photos, I realized that many of them are photos of baked goods, but I did find a few dinner-worthy goodies that made my mouth water. And since The Munchkin hasn't been feeling well the last day or so, I haven't had much time to plan, so we'll be digging into the trusty freezer stock for a few meals.

Sunday: Chili - We have a few containers of chili in the freezer that we need to devour to make room for some new goodies. This will also make a quick and easy dinner, in case The Munchkin is still feeling yucky.

Monday: BBQ Pork, Roasted Potatoes, Steamed Broccoli - The BBQ pork is another freezer find. Several months ago, I put a pork roast in the crockpot, shredded it up and froze it in containers. We've also got some hamburger buns we need to use up, and potatoes were on sale last week, so we've got a pretty good stock of those as well.

Tuesday: Chile-Lime Chicken Tacos, Mexican Rice, Black Beans - I made this quite a while ago, and it was pretty good, so it's time to do it again!

Wednesday: Chicken & Noodles, Green Beans, Homemade Bread - Chicken & Noodles always goes over well, and I've kind of been craving my grandma's homemade noodles, so... :)

Thursday: Farfalle (bow tie pasta) with Sausage and Veggies, Homemade Bread - For Mother's Day 2009, I made a Greek-inspired feast, complete with baklava (yum!). One of the dishes I made was Orzo with Tomatoes and Oregano, and to the leftovers, I added grilled peppers, onions, and Italian sausage. I want to recreate this dish, but since I can't seem to find orzo, I'm going to use whole wheat farfalle.

Friday: Homemade Pizza - Our pizza last night was so good on the Olive Oil Dough that I want it again! We ended up sharing with my parents, both of whom were quite impressed with the white pizza with prosciutto and artichoke hearts. My brother had a small piece of the leftover pizza today, and he agreed that it was quite tasty. The Man also thoroughly enjoyed his pepperoni and marinara version. And since I only used 4 slices of prosciutto and a few marinated artichoke hearts, I plan to do it all again this week!


Have you tried making your own pizza? If so, what creative topping combinations do you love?

Saturday: Chicken Pot Pie - I roasted 5 lbs of chicken thighs today, and tomorrow I plan to pull the meat off the bone to have on hand in the freezer. But I'll save some for this ultimate comfort food on Saturday.

You may have noticed there are no recipes to accompany this menu. Several of these meals are just things I've thrown together off the top of my head, so I don't have recipes for them, but I will try to compile some as I go this week. I'll post them as soon as I can.

Mangia Bene!

No comments:

Post a Comment