3.23.2013

Gluten-Free Brownies

(makes 9 brownies)
1 1/2 c sugar
1/2 c butter
1/2 t salt
1 t vanilla extract
1/2 c cocoa
3 eggs
3/4 c gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
1 t baking powder

Place the sugar, butter, and salt in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring until the butter melts. Transfer the mixture to a bowl, and blend in the vanilla and cocoa. Add the eggs and mix well.

Blend in the flour and the baking powder.

Pour the batter into a greased 9x9" baking dish.

Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.

Cool for about 15 minutes before cutting.

Notes: I made one modification to the original recipe from King Arthur Flour - I cut back the cocoa by 1/4 c, but I think next time, I will cream the butter and sugar instead of melting them, and I may increase the baking powder by 1/2 t with the hope of having a more cake-like result.

No comments:

Post a Comment