5.19.2012

Menu: Week of 5/20

It's been an exciting week in our house starting with Mothers' Day on Sunday, my birthday on Monday, the opening of the Old Capitol Farmers' Market with The Munchkin and my good friend Megs on Wednesday, and ending today with time spent at the Highland Games and Celtic Festival (and later attending my cousin's high school graduation party). It's been a great week filled with great family and friends! I'm looking forward to the week ahead!

Here's what's on the menu this week (with fresh produce from the market): 

Sunday: Biscuits and Gravy, Market Strawberries - Sunday evening breakfast is catching on around here, and I love it! And the strawberries are SOOOO good - they taste so much better than the ones from the grocery store (which we think taste like wax)!

Monday: Chicken and Cheese Lasagna, Steamed Market Asparagus, Garlic Bread - I've been craving some lasagna, and I have some fresh mozzarella in the fridge that will make it so creamy and yummy. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Tuesday: Taco Pasta, Chips and Guacamole - This will be a great way to use up the 1/2 pound of ground beef from the burgers we had last week, and The Munchkin LOVES this meal. I don't think I posted my modified version of this recipe, so I'll have to do that this week...maybe Wednesday when I'm home with The Munchkin.

Wednesday: Meatball Subs, Chips - I'm going to hunt for some yummy bread at the Farmers' Market this week to make this extra-yummy! 

Thursday: Jambalaya - We weren't home tonight to have this (as originally planned), and we already have all the ingredients, so we'll just rearrange the schedule a bit and have it this week.  

Friday: Leftovers - I know, I know...Friday is pizza night! But we have another graduation to go to, so dinner will have to be quick, easy, and probably a "fend-for-yourself" kind of thing.  

Saturday: Cheesy Broccoli Chicken Orzo - This is another re-do from this last week...we've already got the ingredients, so I'm going to go ahead and use them up.

Mangia Bene!

No comments:

Post a Comment