1.02.2012

Weekly Menu

Sunday: I was out at dinner time, but when I got home, I ate a slice of warmed brioche with butter and a chocolate malt. Dinner of champions! :)

Monday: Potato soup & grilled cheese - The Man had to work, and it was terribly cold and windy, so I thought a good, thick potato soup would help warm him up.

Tuesday: Tacos/black bean and corn quesadillas & Mexican rice - It's Mexican night!

Wednesday: Cheeseburgers/falafel & fries - Burger night again! I may cook up some bacon for The Man to add to his.

Thursday: Manicotti Florentine with alfredo, salad & garlic bread - Alfredo sauce!! What else can I say?

Friday: Pizza night

Saturday: Chicken & Noodles - We've got some noodles left over from Christmas, so I plan to add some chicken for The Man and call it dinner. :)

I was trying to decide what recipes to share from this week's menu, but I don't follow a recipe for the soup or the manicotti, so it's difficult. But I'll walk you through the steps...



Manicotti Florentine
Mix ricotta and parmesan in a bowl. Add frozen spinach. Boil manicotti until al dente. Let cool. Using a spoon, gently fill each manicotti with the cheese mixture. Add a layer of your favorite sauce to the bottom of a baking dish and top with the filled manicotti. Cover with sauce and bake at 350 until heated through.

My apologies for not providing measurements. These two meals just happen to be the kind for which I don't measure the ingredients...I go by the appearance and smell. Maybe some day, I'll write it down so I can share it with you.

Mangia Bene!

No comments:

Post a Comment