1.08.2012

Weekly Menu

Here is this week's menu. We've pretty much cleaned the freezers of everything except frozen produce from this summer's farmers' markets, so now we're going to try some of the recipes I've found on Pinterest!

Sunday: Manicotti Florentine - I didn't end up making this last week because I got home later than usual and wanted to spend some time with The Munchkin before she went to bed.

Monday: Biscuits & gravy - The last package of sausage in the freezer. The Man will LOVE this, as usual. I'll make a little batch of gravy for myself without the sausage. And if I'm feeling particularly hungry, I'll make some scrambled eggs and tater tots to go with it.

Tuesday: Fajitas & Mexican rice - I'm bored with making tacos, so I'm going to mix it up a bit and make fajitas. This is just sliced green peppers and onions (and chicken for The Man). I heat olive oil in a skillet and add a little chili powder and crushed red pepper. Cook and serve. Yum!

Wednesday: Cheeseburger/Quinoa burger & Parmesan hash brown cups - It's time to try 2 recipes from Pinterest. I recently tried a Gardenburger from the grocery store's freezer section, and I must say I wasn't real impressed. So it's time to try something else.

Thursday: Slow cooker jambalaya - I don't think either The Man or I have ever had jambalaya, but I think it's time to try it. I'm going to make it with all the meat, then I'll just pick around it. We shall see...

Friday: Pizza - nothing new here...

Saturday: Tater tot casserole - I had never heard of this until I met The Man. It was a staple when he was growing up, and it's really not hard to make. Brown 1 lb ground beef. Drain and layer in a pan with 1 can cream of <whatever you prefer> soup and 1 can drained french cut green beans. Cover with a layer of tater tots and bake according to tater tot directions. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese and bake for another 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and slightly browned. I may just have some cheesy tater tots! :)

So there you have it...come back next week for more Pinterest inspired meals (and maybe some modifications to the recipes we are trying this week).

Mangia Bene!

No comments:

Post a Comment