3.03.2012

Menu: Week of 2/26

It's that time again...another weekly menu!

Sunday: Pancakes, Bacon, Fruit - I've been reading everywhere about the Kiwanis pancake and sausage breakfast, and it's given me some cravings! Must. Have. Pancakes!

Monday: Chicken Taco Soup - I've got some shredded chicken thighs in the freezer that will be perfect for this recipe! It should work out well in the crockpot, too, so dinner will be ready when I get home from work!

Tuesday: Tacos/Quesadillas, Mexican Rice - A trusty standby meal. I've been wanting a black bean and corn quesadilla for a while now, so I think it's time to make it happen.

Wednesday: Cheeseburgers, Sweet Potato Fries - I'm changing Wednesdays from "Burger Night" to "Between Bread Night" since I just can't bring myself to make burgers every week anymore. Keep your eyes peeled for some different Wednesday night sandwich options.

Thursday: Spaghetti & Meatballs, Green Beans, Homemade Bread - What could be better than spaghetti topped with homemade marinara and homemade meatballs? Well...nothing, unless you add homemade bread and Farmers' Market green beans to the plate!

Friday: Homemade Pizza - I think this week I'll make Chicken Parmesan pizza...sounds good to me!

Saturday: Buffalo Drummies, Twice-Baked Potatoes - A few weeks back, I caught a great sale on chicken drumsticks (the same week I got the thighs), so I bought 5 pounds of them. I brought them home and separated them into two gallon freezer bags. Into one bag, I poured a bottle of Sweet Baby Rays Buffalo Sauce & Marinade (The Man loves this stuff), and some olive oil and seasoning into the other, then I put them in the freezer. I'll just set the bag in the fridge to thaw the night before, then roast the drummies at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. The potatoes can be in there as well. Easy dinner!

Unfortunately, I didn't get around to writing up recipes for last week's menu items because we've all been sick, but check

Mangia Bene!

No comments:

Post a Comment