3.03.2012

Streusel-Filled Coffee Cake

A few months ago, while sorting through a filing cabinet, I found a *very* stained sheet of notebook paper (a true sign of a great recipe, by the way) covered in my mom's gorgeous handwriting.


Upon further inspection, I realized it was a recipe for the wonderful coffee cake my mom made nearly every week when I was a child. Since I found the recipe, I've been toying with the idea of making it, and today, I finally got around to it. With the first bite, I was instantly transported back to my childhood! It. Was. Delicious! I knew, then and there, that I had to share the recipe with you! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!


Streusel Mixture:
2 c brown sugar
8 t cinnamon
8 T butter, melted

Batter:
3 c flour
1 1/2 c sugar
5 t baking powder
1/2 c butter, softened
1 1/2 c milk
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 9x13" pan and set aside.

In a bowl, combine all ingredients for the streusel mixture and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients for the batter. Mix until batter is smooth and well-combined.

Spread half the batter in the prepared pan. Top with half the streusel mixture. Repeat this process, using the remaining batter and streusel mixture.

Bake for 25-30 minutes.

To make muffins, line muffin tin with muffin wrappers. Using a one-ounce cookie scoop, place one scoop of batter in each liner. Top with streusel mixture. Repeat the process once more for each muffin, resulting in 2 scoops of batter for each tin and 2 layers of streusel mixture. Bake for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment